To achieve your business objectives, the website does not need to address or appeal to all audiences — just your target audiences. The better we understand their goals and objectives, the better we can design their website experience. It sounds like a lot of work; and it can be. But you will know if we did our job right — the results will speak for themselves.
Some simple guidelines we follow:
- Focus on the end user's intention, whether it's performing a task, researching information or buying a product.
- Plan the action that you want users to take and tell users what they need to know in order to take that action.
- Ensure that the site provides clear navigation paths for visitors who know exactly what they want.
- Design similarly clear paths for visitors who are not as sure what they are looking for.
- Prevent confusion by ensuring that the site is consistently designed from page to page.
- Design multiple channels; ensure that the site offers more than one way to find what visitors are looking for.